Elizabeth Van Moppes, Of Counsel
Since 1997, Beth’s practice has focused on workplace law advice and litigation, including the defense of sexual harassment, discrimination, and wrongful termination lawsuits. Beth trains managers and employees on issues related to diversity and professionalism, guides clients in every day workplace issues, and conducts workplace investigations.Her practice focus is on the preventative measures employer-clients of all sizes can take to ensure the productivity and culture of their business. Always, Beth’s emphasis is on providing clients with the best possible guidance under their circumstances. In every scenario, she highlights the practical implications and the impact on client’s time and budget as well as the morale of their workplace.
Beth earns her clients’ trust and confidence by maintaining personal contact to better understand their business needs, acting as a resource for issues that arise in managing employees.
Beth’s services are especially appropriate for those businesses whose “Human Resource Department” is made up of managers with minimal HR experience, who find themselves wearing multiple hats at the workplace, or who know that workplace issues are complicated, time-consuming and detract from their productivity.
Beth resides in Seattle’s Greenlake neighborhood and spends her free time chasing her daughter and dog around the lake between stops at the multitude of coffee shops.
Contact us today at (425) 776-4100. We look forward to serving you
- Workplace Investigations
- Workplace Law Advice
- United States District Court for the Western Districts of Washington
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Seattle University School of Law, Tacoma (formerly known as the University of Puget Sound)
- Scripps College, B.A. in International Relations, Claremont, California
- University Preparatory Academy, Seattle (Board of Trustees Member 1997-2003)
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association (Member: Labor & Employment Law Section)
- Snohomish County Bar Association
- Washington Women Lawyers
Community and Business Associations
- Association of Workplace Investigators (Seattle Chapter Convener)
- AWARE (Association for Women Attorneys with Real Experience)
- The Link for Women
- MAMAS (Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association)
- Seattle Yacht Club
- Speaker, 13th Annual Ethics Workout, King County Bar Association, 2016.
- Speaker, Critical Skills for First Time Supervisors and Managers, Northwest Regional Primary Care Association, 2016.
- Speaker, The Danger Zones in Hiring and Interviewing, Western Washington Chapter of Institute of Real Estate Management, 2016.
- Speaker, The Contribution & Conflict of Management, International Association of Refrigerated Warehouses North Pacific Chapter, 2012.
- Speaker, Bringing Your Heart, Courage & Brain to Investigations, SHRM, Lake Washington Student Chapter, 2012.
- Speaker, Violence & The Workplace, Associated General Contractors of Washington Meeting, 2012.
- Co-Speaker, Conflict, Conversations & Investigations, Oh My!, National Human Resource Management Association Conference, 2011.
- Speaker, The Top Four Danger Zones Facing Employers Today, Institute for Real Estate Management Conference, 2010.
- Speaker, The Top Five Workplace Issues Facing Employers Today, Yarn Market News Smart Business Conference, 2010.
- Co-Panelist, Legal Rights for Working Mothers, MAMAS: Mother Attorneys Mentoring Associates of Seattle, 2009.
- Moderator, Internal Investigations, Finding the Facts & Avoiding the Landmines, Pacific Coast Labor & Employment Law Conference, 2009.
- Speaker, Drug Testing in the Workplace, Lorman Education Series, 2008.
- Speaker, Is Your Workplace Investigation Fair Game?, National Human Resource Management Association Conference, 2007.
- Speaker, FMLA Update, Council on Education in Management, 2007.
- Moderator and Speaker, Strategies to Solve Your Most Complex FMLA Challenges, Council on Education in Management, 2007.
- Speaker, The Bermuda Triangle: FMLA, ADA and Intermittent Leave, Society for Human Resource Management, South King County Chapter, 2006.
- Speaker, Hiring the Competition, Society for Human Resource Management Employment Law & Legislative Conference, 2006.
- Speaker, Electronic Records and Evidence, IP, Technology & Trade Secrets in Employment Law, Law Seminars International, 2005.
- Speaker, Privacy Pot Holes When Investigating Employee Conduct, Society for Human Resource Management Employment Law & Legislative Conference, 2005.
- Co-Speaker, Metrics in Human Resources, Society for Human Resource Management Employment Law & Legislative Conference, 2005.
- Speaker, Family Medical Leave Act Update, Council on Education in Management, 2004.
- Speaker, What Now! Understanding the Proposed Changes to the FLSA and the Newest Wage of Wage and Hour Class Actions, Jackson Lewis 2nd Annual Women’s Employment Law Conference, 2003.
- Moderator, Council on Education in Management Generalists, Certificate in Human Resource Management Seminar, 2003.
- Speaker, Untangling the FMLA, ADA, and Workers’ Compensation Overlap, Council on Education in Management, 2003.
- Speaker, Reducing, Restructuring, and Reorganizing Your Workforce While Minimizing the Risk of Litigation, Jackson Lewis Women’s Corporate Counsel Conference, 2002.
- Speaker, Managing Leaves of Absence, 8th Annual WSBA Employment Law Institute, 2001.
- Co-Author, Employer Defenses, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association Deskbook, 2013.
- Author, Employer Defenses, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association Deskbook, 2009.
- Co-Author, Washington Law Amended to Add Sexual Orientation to Prohibited Categories of Discrimination, Society for Human Resource Management OnLine Magazine, 2006.
- Co-Author, Wage and Hour Laws, Dorsey 2005 Employment Law Guide, A Practical Handbook for Washington Employers, 2005.
- Author, Employment and Labor Law Chapter, Doing Business in Washington, Washington State Bar Association, International Practice Section, 2001.