Lisa M. Hammel
Lisa has worked as a litigation attorney since 1996. Prior to becoming a lawyer, she was an engineer for Cadillac Motor in Detroit, and for Texaco in Seattle. She obtained her law degree at the University of Puget Sound (now known as Seattle University School of Law) while working full-time as an engineer. She also was an officer in a residential construction company in Woodinville. Prior to joining Beresford Booth, Lisa worked as a professional malpractice and negligence defense attorney, representing large construction companies on wrongful death and severe injury matters, health care professionals and nursing homes in negligence claims, and property owners on premises liability matters. She also spent six years in private practice, where she assisted clients with estate planning, commercial contracts, leases, and eminent domain cases. Lisa has served as an arbitrator for both King and Snohomish Counties, for over 15 years, and has also been retained to arbitrate private disputes.
Lisa now focuses her practice on litigation of a variety of civil matters, including real estate, contract, tort, and business matters. Lisa’s broad experience as an engineer, business owner, and litigator enables her to make realistic risk assessments, and helps her to help her clients anticipate and avoid problems before they become expensive headaches. Lisa works with compassion and empathy for her clients, while serving as a zealous advocate who does not shy away from challenging negotiations.
Lisa is also committed to being involved in the local community. She works with the Eastside Legal Assistance Program, Komen Puget Sound, and the National MS Society. During her free time, she enjoys spending time with her Standard Poodle “Daisy Duke,” fly fishing, volleyball, and golf. She is also an avid oenophile — with zinfandel topping her list of all-time favorites.
Contact us today at (425) 776-4100. We look forward to serving you.
- Commercial and Civil Litigation
- Real Property
- State of Washington
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- General Motors Institute, BS Industrial Engineering
- Seattle University School of Law, JD, magnum cum laude
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Snohomish County Bar Association
Community and Business Associations
- Komen Puget Sound – Chair, Grace Notes Auction; Co-Chair Circle of Grace
- Woodinville Chamber of Commerce
- Eastside Legal Clinic – Volunteer Attorney