Scott Burkhalter’s VCF card
Scott joined the firm in 2001. He has represented clients ranging from major companies and banks to the individual struggling through the dissolution of his or her marriage or the individual negotiating a land use issue with the city. Scott devotes much of his time to trial practice, while at the same time Scott looks for a cost effective approach to settle a matter in the client’s best interests. Scott’s academic honors include the Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence in several subject areas including subjects involving real estate and family law, the Outstanding Achievement Award in Environmental, Land Use and Real Estate Law, and the Distinguished Leadership Award. To compliment his academic achievement, Scott co-founded Chapman Law’s Real Estate Law Society, and was a member of its Environmental Law and Christian Law Society. Scott and his family reside in Mukilteo, Washington, a small coastal community just north of Edmonds. Scott enjoys the game of golf, as well as being a spectator of the various teams the greater Puget Sound has to offer.
Contact us today at (425) 776-4100. We look forward to serving you.
Chair – Divorce & Family Law Group
- Divorce & Family Law
- Commercial & Civil Litigation
- Estate Planning
- Deputy Examiner of Titles for King County
- 1999, Washington
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- Pacific Lutheran University; BA Legal Studies
- Chapman University School of Law; JD
- Washington State Bar Association (Member: Environmental and Land Use, Family, and Litigation Law Sections)
- American Bar Association (Member: Family Law, Litigation and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Sections)
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association
- King County Bar Association
- Snohomish County Bar Association
Publications, Honors and Activities
- Oversimplification-Value and Function: Wetland Mitigation Banking, 2 CHAP. L. REV. 261 (1999)
- Scott has contributed to several articles in constitutional law, and in the environmental, land use, and real estate areas including articles published in Nexus-A Journal of Legal Opinion and the Denver University Law Review.
Client Testimonial Scott did an exceptional job of handling my divorce case. It was a high conflict case involving child support, property division, and a special needs child. Scott was a huge advocate for me and my children throughout the entire process. He always had my best interest at heart and when I was at the end of my rope and wanted to simply give up and throw in the towel he talked me down off the ledge and helped me stay strong until the very end. He is a very smart, strategic and effective lawyer. He performs with great integrity and professionalism but also has a great sense of humor and is easy to relate to. I always knew that he would respond to my emails in a timely fashion and return my phone calls. The staff at Beresford Booth is extremely caring and professional and easy to work with. You feel confident about your case the moment you step into their office. I highly recommend Scott for any family law matter you are facing. He will work with you to get the best possible outcome for you and your family. Please note: Each case is different and prior results should not create expectation of results in a new case.