Civil Litigation Lawyer
Summary of Responsibilities
Beresford Booth PLLC seeks to hire a full-time civil litigation associate to join our busy practice. Our offices are located in Edmonds and Bothell. A minimum of four (4) years of experience is required. The successful candidates will have the confidence and skill set required to successfully enter a fast-paced practice group and make a significant impact.
The position is outlined below. Note, this is a general description. Additional responsibilities will be required of the candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The associate will provide legal advice and work product to a supervising attorney or client. In addition, this position:
- Meets with clients and counsels them on their legal needs;
- Strategizes re: conflicts, issues or approach;
- Conducts legal research and interviews clients or witnesses;
- Interprets laws, rulings, and regulations for individuals and businesses. May confer with colleagues with specialty in certain areas for optimal client outcomes;
- Drafts all necessary legal documents relating to client’s plan in a timely and consistent manner.
- Admitted to and active member of the Washington State Bar Association and passed the Washington State Bar Exam;
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience;
- Ability to delegate work to staff and work within a team environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to understand, analyze, interpret and convey complex information and concepts;
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated record of excellent client service;
- Sound organizational skills. Detail-oriented and capable of handling a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks to meet critical deadlines;
- Keen analytical skills with ability for problem-solving;
- Commitment to developing a book of business and utilizing Firm’s marketing tools to grow the book and practice as a whole;
- Commitment to daily time entry into our time and billing software (TABS3); and
- Commitment to the Firm’s mission statement and core values.
- PracticeMaster/TABS experience a plus;
- Proficient in Office suite;
- Ability to think through and troubleshoot standard technological issues;
- General technology competence is expected.
We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package. Please email or mail your cover letter, resume and writing sample to: email@example.com.
Beresford Booth is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex (including pregnancy); age; disability; genetic information, citizenship status; military service obligations or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.