Nicholas L. Jenkins
Nick is an 18-year dispute counselor and litigator resolving favorably for his clients a diverse array of matters both informally and in Washington’s state and federal courts, including tort, contract and civil rights claims, and intellectual property, estate planning and business disputes. He is keenly aware of the burdensome transaction and business interruption costs associated with contentious and protracted litigation. He understands the importance of setting the trajectory for prompt and efficient resolution at the outset.
Born in Chicago and raised in Edinburgh, Scotland, Nick returned to the United States at age 19, working on crab and long-lining vessels out of Seattle, and Dutch Harbor and Kodiak, Alaska. He married Seattle native Kate Christie in 1995. They have two boys, Benjamin Joseph and Joshua Alex. Nick is an avid runner and endurance cyclist. He has competed in the annual Seattle to Portland (STP) bike event every year since 2004, typically cycling the 204 miles in around 14 hours.
- 2001, Washington
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- Seattle University, J.D., 2001, cum laude, First in Contracts
- University of Washington, 1998, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa