Emily Y. Tyson-Shu
Emily is an associate in the Estate Planning and Probate group. She advises clients throughout various stages of estate planning, including evaluation of current estate plans through drafting, revising and execution of new estate plans. As a mother of two, she cares deeply about the importance of family values; therefore, she has committed her practice to estate planning to ensure that her clients’ loved ones will be well taken care of and can have confidence in their future security. She has extensive experience working with individuals and families from all backgrounds to strategize proper planning to preserve the family legacy. Emily also guides families through the probate process during difficult times, advising clients with alternative legal routes when applicable.
Emily was born in Taiwan and earned her bachelor’s degree from the prestigious National Taiwan University. She went on to earn her master’s degree from the University of California, Santa Barbara. She then went on to earn her juris doctorate degree from Seattle University School of Law. Emily is bilingual and speaks Mandarin Chinese proficiently. She is dedicated to giving back to her community and has been providing pro bono consultations to low-income earners at various legal clinics. She also currently serves on the Washington State Bar Association Elder Law Section Committee.
When Emily is not working, she enjoys traveling and outings with her family. She has also adopted a dog from Orange County, California, that brings her family great joy.
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D., 2016
- University of California, Santa Barbara, M.A., 2011
- National Taiwan University, B.A., 2009
- Washington State Bar Association
- Snohomish County Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Co-Chair, CLE Committee, WSBA Elder Law Section
- Pro Bono Attorney, Chinese Information and Services Center
- Pro Bono Attorney, King County Bar Association Elder Law Clinic
- Mandarin Chinese