Our litigation team represents individuals, families, and both small and large companies in a range of litigation matters in Washington, and in courts across the country. Our experienced lawyers provide cost-effective, solution-driven representation in complex matters.
Beresford Booth has represented clients in state courts throughout Washington, including Superior Court, the Washington Court of Appeals and the Washington Supreme Court. They have appeared in federal trial courts, bankruptcy courts and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. They have also represented clients in many arbitration and mediation forums.
Our litigation services include: breach of contract, securities litigation, shareholder and partnership disputes, corporate and partnership dissolutions, business liquidations, and business torts. Our lawyers also have significant experience in appellate advocacy.
Examples of the commercial disputes we have handled include:
- Defending and prosecuting claims against shareholders, partners and LLC members in suits brought by minority owners for breach of fiduciary duty, dissolution and breach of contract.
- Prosecuting and defending collection / account-receivable litigation for businesses.
- Representing business buyers to enforce non-competition agreements against sellers who opened competitive businesses.
- Defending newly-formed companies against competitors and former employers suing for unfair competition and breach of nondisclosure and noncompetition agreements.
- Defending employers against claims of sexual discrimination, sexual harassment, wage-and-hour violations, retaliation and wrongful discharge.
- Defending and prosecuting construction defect litigation for owners, contractors and subcontractors in both residential and commercial buildings.
Real Estate and Construction Litigation
We also represent developers, real estate sellers and buyers, landlords and tenants and construction companies in real estate and construction litigation matters. Our real estate litigation experience includes: purchase and sale disputes (RESPA), lease agreement disputes, commercial and mixed-use development litigation, construction contract disputes, quiet title lawsuits such as adverse possession, boundary disputes, land use litigation, access and easement disputes, tenant unlawful detainer/eviction matters, private covenant enforcement and HOA disputes. In construction matters, we handle construction contract disputes, construction defects, materials and workmanship issues and mechanic’s liens and bond claims and payment/scope of work disputes.