Mark M. Demaray, of Counsel
Mark Demaray is Of Counsel with Beresford Booth. Mark has dedicated his career to building families through adoption and assisted reproduction for over 30 years and has provided assistance in over 6,000 adoptions and assisted reproduction matters for families throughout the country.
In adoption matters, he represents adoptive parents and birth parents. In assisted reproductive technology matters, he represents agencies, intended parents, donors and surrogates with the arranging, drafting and review of contracts to ensure that the needs and goals of the parties are met.
Mark is a Fellow of the Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys, he served as the president of that Academy in 2011-12 and served on its Board of Trustees for 7 years. He was nominated as an “Angel in Adoption” by the United States Congress in 2007. He was a founding member of the Washington Adoption Council, became involved in the Washington State Senate Interim Adoption Study and was appointed to the Washington State Adoption Commission. Mark has also been active in the review and drafting of adoption and assisted reproduction related legislation in Washington State for many years, including the drafting and passage of Washington’s new surrogacy laws.
Mark practices in courts located in Seattle, King County, and in Everett, Snohomish County, as well as other courts all over Washington state. Mark has frequently presented and participated in adoption and assisted reproduction workshops, trainings and seminars for people in the community and for other attorneys and medical professionals. He attended Seattle Pacific University, completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Washington in Seattle and received his law degree from the Lewis & Clark Law School in Portland, Oregon.
Mark is an adoptive parent of two children. He has been there, and he understands the need for sensitivity and compassion while working with his clients during one of the most important times in their lives.
- Lewis and Clark Law School, JD
- University of Washington, B.A. Political Science
- Seattle Pacific College
- Washington State Bar Association
- Snohomish County Bar Association
- Fellow, American Academy of Adoption Attorneys
- Leader of the Standards of Practice Subcommittee of the WA State Senate Interim Adoption Study, 1989
- Active in the review and drafting of adoption legislation in Washington for many years
- Appointed to the WA State Adoption Commission (1990; WA State Adoption Counsel Executive Board
- Fellow in the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys and member of its Board of Trustees (2004-2008)
- Faculty in Shoreline Community College’s continuing education program
- Nominated by the United States Congress as an “Angel in Adoption” (2007)