Richard R. Beresford, Senior Counsel
Dick has practiced law in the Greater Seattle Area since 1972 and has extensive experience in legal matters in the areas of Business and Finance including the representation of major companies and banks as well as individuals attending to their business and estate planning needs. Dick has represented a wide range of contractors, developers, buyers and sellers in all areas of real estate handling both transactional and litigation matters. Dick has also represented many individuals both purchasing and selling their businesses. Dick’s mission, which has been adopted by this firm, is to provide highly effective legal services at a reasonable cost.
Dick and his wife, Pam, have resided in Edmonds, Washington his entire professional life and have two children, a daughter-in-law and three grandchildren. Dick’s interests vary from business and professional matters to his extended family as well as an occasional game of golf, a cruise around Puget Sound, vacationing at Port Ludlow and watching his grandchildrens’ games.
- Washington State Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- Willamette University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Washington, B.A. Finance
- Washington State Bar Association, Member: 1972
- Trustee, Young Lawyers Section, 1975-1981
- Washington State Bar Association: Rules of Professional Conduct Committee
- American Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Snohomish County Bar Association
- American Arbitration Association
- Phi Delta Phi legal fraternity
- Mountain Pacific Bank, (Director)
- Edmonds Community College Foundation, (Trustee and former President)
- Puget Sound Center of Learning and Technology, (Past Chairman)
- Joint Venture with Edmonds Community College and Shoreline Community College, (Past Board Member)