Andrew M. McKenzie
Andrew is an experienced real estate and commercial litigator, assisting small businesses, individuals, and large institutional clients in Washington and California with a wide variety of litigation involving, inter alia, lien priorities, boundary disputes, real estate fraud, quiet title, easements, title insurance, adverse possession, construction defects, probate litigation and administration, and general business litigation. His Washington practice is geographically concentrated in Snohomish, King, Pierce, and Kitsap counties.
As a licensed real estate broker in both Washington and California, Andrew is familiar with real estate transactions and disputes surrounding broker and escrow duties. Andrew has successfully won and defended against claims of up to $9M. He takes a pragmatic approach to all matters, recognizing that both litigation and settlement efforts must be tailored to both the facts and the amount in controversy.
Before joining the firm in 2018, Andrew worked in the commercial litigation group of an AmLaw 100 firm.
Outside of work, Andrew enjoys playing piano, singing, hiking, traveling abroad, and spending time with his large family. He has sung professionally and performed at Benaroya Hall in Seattle.
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2003
- B.A., Political Science, University of Washington, 1999
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Snohomish County Bar Association
- The State Bar of California
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Defended an escrow holder in multi-million dollar claim alleging negligence and breach of fiduciary duties
- Obtained $1M+ judgment for fraud against wrongdoers in real estate fraud case
- Handled numerous real estate boundary disputes with and without litigation