Our lawyers have represented clients in state courts throughout Washington, including the Washington Court of Appeals and the Washington Supreme Court. They have appeared in federal trial courts, bankruptcy courts and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. They have also represented clients in many arbitration and mediation forums. They have handled numerous commercial disputes, including:
- Prosecuting and defending collection / account-receivable litigation for businesses.
- Representing business buyers to enforce non-competition agreements against sellers who opened competitive businesses.
- Defending newly-formed companies against competitors and former employers suing for unfair competition and breach of nondisclosure and noncompetition agreements.
- Defending and prosecuting claims against shareholders, partners and LLC members in suits brought by minority owners for breach of fiduciary duty, dissolution and breach of contract.
- Defending employers against claims of sexual discrimination, sexual harassment, wage-and-hour violations, retaliation and wrongful discharge.
- Defending and prosecuting construction defect litigation for owners, contractors and subcontractors in both residential and commercial buildings.
Commercial Litigation Practice Areas
- Appellate Advocacy
- Breach of Contract
- Business Torts
- Employment Disputes
- Securities Litigation
- Business Breakup
- Partnership Breakup
- Business Closing
- Shareholder Oppression
- Shareholder Dispute
- Business Dissolution