David C. Tingstad joined the Firm in 1995, and has extensive experience in the areas of business and real estate transactions, limited liability companies (LLCs), corporations and real estate. David regularly counsels clients in all aspects of business combinations such as asset acquisitions, mergers and joint ventures. In addition, his practice includes assisting operating businesses with succession planning, financing, dissolution and disputes between owners.
David is a member of the Washington State Bar Association’s Partnership Law Committee, which is currently working to revise Washington’s Limited Liability Company Statute. David is also a Member of the American Bar Association’s Committee on LLCs, Partnerships and Unincorporated Entities.
As a speaker to groups of attorneys, professional organizations and community associations, David has demonstrated the ability to communicate effectively over a broad range of legal concepts.
David lives in Edmonds and is committed to helping his community. In particular, David serves as a Sunday School Teacher and youth football and basketball coach. Besides spending time with his family, as a former college football player, David enjoys most all challenges including endurance events, and cycling.
Contact us today at (425) 776-4100. We look forward to serving you.
Chair – Business & Real Estate Law Group
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- 1996, Washington
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- Boise State University; BA Economics magna cum laude
- Seattle University School of Law; JD cum laude
- American Bar Association (Member: Business Law Section and Committee on LLCs Partnerships and Unincorporated Entities)
- Washington State Bar Association (Member: Business Law Section and Partnership Law Committee)
Publications, Honors and Activities
- “Dissolution and Winding Up” dated June 2015.
- “Unwinding the Myth of the Capital Account” dated August 2013.
- “The End is Near, So Plan for It” dated 2013.
- “Exit Planning and Succession Planning” dated September 2013.
- “Acts of Dissociation — Member Withdrawal in Company Dissolution and LLC Member Disputes” dated July 26, 2012 .
- Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2012.
- Limited Liability Companies and Limited Liability Partnerships in Washington (2001, 2003 and 2007). [Cited as authority: Bishop of Victoria Corp. v. Corporate Bus. Park LLC, 38 Wn. App. 443 / 158 P.3d 1138 (2007)].
- 2010 Legislation and Other Recent Developments: Essentials, Overview, and Strategic Insights.
Continuing Legal Education Articles