Mukilteo Unveils Mukilteo CARES Business Grant Program
The City of Mukilteo recently announced a Coronavirus grant program designed to help relieve those small businesses specifically based in Mukilteo-based. Detailed information about the application process, eligibility requirements, and allowed uses of grant funds can be found at https://mukilteowa.gov/mukilteo-cares-for-businesses-program/.
The Mukilteo City Council has authorized the use of $150,000 of federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act funding for the grant program. With a maximum grant of $10,000, small businesses meeting the eligibility requirements can apply for cash grants of $2,500, $5,000, $7,5000 or $10,000 “based on justifiable need and business resiliency.”
Mukilteo businesses meeting the following eligibility requirements should submit a grant application by no later than 5:00 p.m. on September 1, 2020:
- Business had at least a 25% drop in revenue directly attributable to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Business had 20 or fewer full time equivalent (FTE) employees (including the business owner/worker). (See information under “Questions” to see how to convert part time employee hours to FTE’s)
- Business has a valid City of Mukilteo business license
- Business has been in operation in the City of Mukilteo since August 1, 2019 or earlier.
- Business is physically located in the City of Mukilteo
- Must be a for-profit or a non-profit with a federal 501(c)(3) standing
The application period runs from August 20 through September 1, 2020. Grants are set to be announced on September 9, 2020 with funds disbursed on or before October 31, 2020.
Our firm has counseled numerous businesses through accessing available coronavirus relief loans and grants. If you have questions about whether this Mukilteo program is right for you, we would be pleased to assist you.