Family Law Associate
Summary of Responsibilities
Beresford Booth is seeking a Family Law Associate to join their downtown Edmonds practice group. A minimum of five (5) years of litigation experience, with at least 2 years in family law is required. This candidate will have the confidence and skill set required to successfully enter a fast-paced practice group and make a significant impact.
The Associate position is outlined below. Note, this is a general description. Additional responsibilities will be required of the candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Family Law Attorney provides legal advice and work product to a supervising attorney or client. In addition, this position:
- Meets with clients and counsels them on their legal needs;
- Conducts all aspects of discovery, gathers evidence in cases to formulate defense or to initiate legal action.
- Prepares legal briefs, develops strategy, arguments and testimony in preparation for presentation of case.
- Prepares and attends oral arguments for mediations, motions, arbitrations, and trials.
- Conducts legal research, prepares memorandum and legal pleadings, interviews clients and witnesses, and handles other details in preparation for trial.
- Interprets laws, rulings, and regulations for individuals and businesses. May confer with colleagues with specialty in certain areas to establish and verify basis for legal proceedings.
- Drafts various legal documents in a timely and consistent manner.
- Admitted to and active member of the Washington State Bar Association;
- Minimum of five (5) years of litigation experience; with at least two (2) years in the practice of family law;
- Ability to regularly delegate work to staff;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to understand, analyze, interpret and convey complex information and concepts;
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated record of excellent client service;
- Sound organizational skills. Detail-oriented and capable of handling a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks to meet critical deadlines;
- Keen analytical skills with ability for problem-solving;
- Commitment to developing a book of business and utilizing Firm’s marketing tools to grow the book and practice as a whole;
- Commitment to daily time entry into our time and billing software (TABS3); and
- Commitment to the Firm’s mission statement and core values.
- Familiarity with FamilySoft;
- PracticeMaster, TABS, and Worldox experience a plus;
- Proficient in Office suite;
- Ability to think through and troubleshoot standard technological issues;
- General technology competence is expected.
We offer competitive compensation, along with a comprehensive benefits package. Please email or mail your cover letter, resume, salary history and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Beresford Booth is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex (including pregnancy); age; disability; genetic information, citizenship status; military service obligations or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.