Family Law Associate
Beresford Booth PLLC is seeking a Family Law Associate position in downtown Edmonds. A minimum of five (5) years’ experience is required.
The Family Law Associate position is outlined below. Note, this is a general description. Additional responsibilities may be required of the successful candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Family Law Attorney provides legal advice and work product to a supervising attorney or client. In addition, this position:
- Attends oral arguments for various motions and trials, conducts all aspects of discovery, advises clients as to legal rights, gathers evidence in cases to formulate defense or to initiate legal action, conducts research, interviews clients and witnesses and handles other details in preparation for trial;
- Prepares legal briefs, develops strategy, arguments and testimony in preparation for presentation of case; and
- Interprets laws, rulings, and regulations for individuals and businesses. May confer with colleagues with specialty in certain areas to establish and verify basis for legal proceedings. Drafts various legal documents in a timely and consistent manner.
- Admitted to and active member of the Washington State Bar Association;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the practice of law (family law experience preferred);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to understand, analyze, interpret and convey complex information and concepts;
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Advanced technology skills;
- Demonstrated record of excellent client service;
- Sound organizational skills. Detail-oriented and capable of handling a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks to meet critical deadlines;
- Keen analytical skills with ability for problem-solving;
- Thorough command of the English language including excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, form, and style;
- Commitment to daily time entry into our time and billing software TABS3; and
- Familiarity with FamilySoft a plus.
Working schedule generally entailing 40+ hours weekly.
Please email or mail your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including but not limited to selection, hiring, assignment, re-assignment, promotion, transfer, and compensation. Our Firm prohibits discrimination, harassment, or retaliation in employment based on any category protected by applicable law.