Beresford Booth is a full-service law firm located in Edmonds with clients ranging from small start-up companies to families to growing businesses. We are seeking a full-time litigation paralegal with at least two (2) years of Superior Court and/or Federal Court experience. The position requires performance of substantive legal support work requiring sufficient knowledge of legal concepts, under the supervision of an attorney.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe.
- Excellent word processing and formatting skills using Word.
- General technology competence is expected.
- PracticeMaster/TABS experience preferred.
- Maintains a litigation checklist for active litigation.
- Effectively and regularly drafts for attorney review: complaints, answers, initial disclosures, various motions and orders, and other pleadings or discovery. etc.
- Assists with preparation of motions (e.g. motions for summary judgment); checking deposition cites (at attorney instruction), assembling exhibits, and creating the appendix.
- Manages discovery for cases, including tracking documents produced and received, documents needed for case and documents preserved for privilege (at attorney instruction).
- Keeps attorneys up to date with reminders of court deadlines.
- Regularly prepares key document notebooks, motion notebooks, master chronologies, master cast of characters, deposition notebooks and identification of deposition exhibits.
- Coordinate docketing, scheduling, and filing court documents.
- Routinely reviews and follows-up on client deadlines.
- Independently eFile documents in accordance with the federal and states’ court’s rules.
- Positive and professional attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work cooperatively with a team
- Manage stress in challenging situations
- Take pride and ownership over work
- Maintain exceptional client service
- High level organizational skills and ability to multi-task
We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package. Compensation is dependent upon experience. Please email your cover letter, resume, and compensation requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. *Beresford Booth is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex (including pregnancy); age; disability; genetic information, ns or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.